How great are trampolines for your fitness? They promote excellent cardiovascular health and help you burn calories like you wouldn’t believe.
A lot of yoga studios are big on using trampolines for workouts due to the full-body burn you get. You can strengthen your abdomen muscles, legs, thighs, arms, and more—all while having fun!
If you’ve never bought a trampoline, get ready for a whole bunch of benefits and information on exactly what you should be looking for in your next trampoline purchase
- Trampoline Buying Guide
- 9. ACON Air 4.3 Trampoline 14′ with Enclosure
- 8. AlleyOOPPowerBounce
- 7. ExacMe TUV Approved Trampoline
- 6. SkyBound Stratos Trampoline
- 5. S03 Yongcun Trampoline
- 4. Giantex Trampoline Combo
- 3. Zupapa Trampoline
- 2. Merax Basketball Hoop Trampoline
- 1. Skywalker Jump ‘N Dunk
Trampoline Buying Guide
Anytime we buy a brand new product, it’s daunting. We have online reviews and websites, much like the crew here at Fitness Jockey, to help us weed out the cheap junk, and only display the very best products on the market.
When you’re making a sizable purchase (a good trampoline isn’t going to be cheap, though there are more inexpensive options than others, listed below) you want to make sure you get it right the first time. You don’t want to find out after receiving and using the product that it’s not what you thought it was.
That’s why we’ve not only found the top nine products, but also figured out exactly what makes them tick, and what you should be looking for.
What To Look For
- Weight Capacity: One of the biggest factors is going to be weight capacity. If you want to get a family trampoline, you’ll want to ensure that you’re getting one with a high weight capacity to avoid any potential injuries due to the netting ripping.
- Risk of Injury: We don’t want to buy something for ourselves, let alone our children, that is going to hurt us in the end. While you may have heard dozens of reports of injuries on trampolines, the reason being is that children weren’t being supervised, or the equipment was being used incorrectly. Occasionally, you’d see malfunctioning equipment, and that has caused a lot of brands to step-up their game and ensure the safety of the user.
- Rust Resistance: Your trampoline (depending on the size) is going to spend its life outdoors. That means that it’s subject to the elements, which can be detrimental to your hardware. Things like the springs and sockets can get rusty, and from there they become a safety risk. You don’t want that. You can’t have your equipment breaking on you after you’ve barely gotten to use the thing,. Pay attention to this on product pages.
- Steel Gauge: This is another way that you can tell how powerful your trampoline is, and how well it’s going to hold up against continued use. This is one of the most important things to look out for on the product page of your preferred trampoline.
9. ACON Air 4.3 Trampoline 14′ with Enclosure
One of the greatest things about the enclosure is a safety that you can’t deny. If you want to have a trampoline for more than just fitness activities, you’ll be able to know that your kids are safe as can be by letting them play in the ACON Air model. It’s heavy duty as can be, and doesn’t have a large range on the edges for you to get caught in. Nothing’s worse than getting your foot caught in the spring area of a trampoline, so don’t.
Galvanized materials mean you’ll be able to enjoy this all year long, without having to worry about rust or any possible damages to your trampoline. If you’re looking to enjoy your model for the long haul, you’ll want to go with the ACON Air, promising you (and delivering on) some of the best features in the business. The mesh netting on the edge also provides you with a tight and secure seal when you enter, fitted with Velcro, so you won’t end up falling out of the door area if you bounce into it. This is the perfect trampoline for fitness and family fun.
- 14” diameter for maximum room.
- Galvanized materials for rust resistance.
- A lot of fun for the whole family.
- You can feel the legs bow inward when a lot of people, but it still won’t break.
- The netting can be an issue with small children. Too much pressure on one side can collapse it.
While this one does come at a higher price, you get all of the features. You know what they say, you get what you pay for. This model is expensive, but you won’t be able to find a better trampoline in all of existence. When we get to our number one on this list, it’s going to come down to a little bit of value; not just having all the fixings. It’s the number one that’s best for everybody, not juts those with a higher budget.
The AlleyOOP is a bit smaller than most, but it does come in either 12” or 14” diameters, giving you some control over how big your trampoline is. You’ll get the ultimate fitness experience on this model, allowing you to burn the most amount of calories possible. The doorway inward is great because even if you fall towards it while you’re jumping, you’re not going to fall out. It’s the most durable of any trampoline.
You get the best bounce of any trampoline with the shock resistant technology integrated into this premier model. Your springs are of the highest grade possible, and it’s one of the most fun trampolines to jump on for the entire family, as well as when you’re just trying to get a workout in. The exterior net is good for up to 295lbs, so even if you fall towards it, you’ll be okay.
- Enhanced safety over all other models.
- Best trampoline on the market.
- Enclosure is extremely sturdy.
- Smaller than some other models.
7. ExacMe TUV Approved Trampoline
Going into the slightly lower end of our budget, we’re going to take a look art the ExacMe brand trampoline. If you’re looking for a great model for the kids, you’ve found it. You’ll be able to get your workout in, but you’ll also be able to feel safe letting the kids jump around on it. Limit their amount to 2-4 children so you’re not putting too much weight on this model. While It will hold up to the test, you want to make sure you’re not damaging it too much.
The netting isn’t the best, but it gets the job done. Your children won’t be able to fall out of it, and they’ll be protected from potentially harmful UV rays. There’s a total of 375lbs of weight capacity, so if you’re going to play with the kids, just size up the total weight going into it. This accounts for body weight, not pressure weight. The design is attractive to the eye and makes for a great Christmas present.
If you’re going for a higher net (especially if you’re tall, or you have taller kids) you’ve found the model that contours best to your family lifestyle. You’ll receive the ultimate safety from having a higher net, something that’s just going to make you feel more secure about letting your children play with it, especially when you’re indoors and not supervising them.
- Durable bounce pad.
- Excellent price point.
- Rust resistant.
- The netting is low-quality.
- Only 7-inch springs.
6. SkyBound Stratos Trampoline
This is going to be one of the most fun trampolines for the entire family. You get a high net, as well as a unique bowled design to allow for the most occupants in the trampoline as possible. If you’re looking for a large trampoline that all the kids can play on and enjoy, you’ve found it here. SkyBound brings us one of the best models for any family and fitness trampoline that you could ever imagine.
With premier pin bolt technology, you’ve never been on a safer trampoline. SkyBound really put safety first with this model. And it shows. When you want something that the kids can enjoy while you get excited about amazing cardio workouts, you want a SkyBound. The size and radius is excellent for doing yoga-based workouts on and burning all that belly fat.
- Fits more people.
- More durable than most trampolines.
- Unique net design.
- Price point.
- Warranty isn’t good.
5. S03 Yongcun Trampoline
Coming in a ton of different sizes, you get the ultimate in trampoline technology with super durable springs and a design that everyone can agree on. What’s even better is the amazing price that this model comes in at. You’ll be able to get the most for your money, without sacrificing on the features that you want, especially safety.
This trampoline is great for a single user for fitness, and it’s also great for kids. You get the sturdy construction that everybody is after, but you also get the great design that S03 promises. This comes with all the safety ratings and has undergone most of the testing that you want, so you’ll feel safe allowing your children to use it even when you’re not supervising.
- Price is attractive.
- Excellent bounce.
- Rust resistant.
- Comes in a lot of sizes so the quality is lacking.
- Smallest model is crummy.
4. Giantex Trampoline Combo
When you want the best, you have to find the best. Giantex is one of those rare companies where you get a lot for a little bit of money, because they’re no the big leagues—they’re just trying to make a great product. This product comes with a steel frame, which is exactly what anyone would need for the best safety requirements.
Giantex really focused on safety with this model, bringing you a child-friendly piece. If you’re looking for a safe trampoline, there’s nothing better than getting foam pieces on the poles that hold up the net. Even if your children bump into it, they’ll be completely fine.
- High off the ground.
- One of the best bounces on our list.
- Comes with ladder.
- Takes four hours to assemble.
- Netting is subpar.
3. Zupapa Trampoline
Nobody likes those pesky poles getting in the way, even if they are foam covered. Zupapa has a unique and amazing design that leaves the poles outside of the trampoline, and has the net hanging on them for optimal fun without getting hurt. Not only that, but the price point is just enough to feel premium without assuming you bought something from a junk supplier.
While they don’t have more than the TUV certification, this is still a great trampoline for every single potential use you could imagine. Use it for fitness or use it for your children as a present, especially if they have a birthday party going on and you want to entertain all of their friends. It’s a great introductory trampoline that will be amazing for the entire family.
- TUV certified.
- One of the safest trampolines on the market.
- One of the best warranties in the industry.
- Doesn’t fit a whole lot of people.
- Long assembly.
2. Merax Basketball Hoop Trampoline
The design is amazing, and the basketball hoop attachment means you’ll get hours of fun at a time. The ladder brings you up to a raised platform, so you’ll be able to bounce without worrying about the bounce pad hitting the ground. The net is great, even if you end up bouncing off of it, you’ll still be completely safe no matter what. It bounces you right back!
The maximum weight capacity on this model comes in at just over three-hundred pounds, so it’s best suited for children or for a single user. This is the trampoline you want if you’re going for the single user when you want extreme fitness. You can detach the basketball hoop attachment if you want.
- Net if optimal for safety.
- Great bounce capabilities.
- Excellent for cardio workouts.
- Long assembly.
- Not a lot of legs to it.
1. Skywalker Jump ‘N Dunk
So this one is our top pick for a few reasons: the price is amazing, it’s great for single use and for family play, and it has some of the quickest assembly. You’ll be jumping and soaring around on the Skywalker top model that earned our #1 spot. The net is completely UV protected, so you won’t have to worried about your children during extended use.
You use a ladder to get up into the trampoline, where you can use the attached basketball hoop and some soft balls to toss around. One of the most fun things that a lot of users like to do is fill their Skywalker trampoline with about two dozen bouncy balls of different sizes. Your kids will have a blast, and so will you. Skywalker is our top pick for trampolines for family use, for those looking to get the best fitness workout imaginable, and for those who want to stay to a friendly budget. When you have kids, they come first, and the budget tends to come second. With Skywalker, you don’t have to compromise.
- Price point is great.
- Excellent for your family.
- Quick assembly.
- Low weight capacity.
- Attached basketball net isn’t that great.
No matter what you’ll be able to get a great trampoline using our list, and our buying guide. Most trampolines are going to cost you a pretty penny, but you already knew that coming looking for the best list.
Use it for fitness, or for family fun—either way, you always know that Fitness Jockey is going to get the best products available on the market and give them to you in a great list, and present you with the questions you should be asking yourself any time you buy a specific product. We’ve thought of it all.